Here are the forms, fees, and review process to apply for a Planning permit.
Before starting your project, review the Milpitas Development Review Handbook (PDF) to understand better the City's Development Review process and your role in ensuring this process goes smoothly.
- Download the appropriate application forms from our website. (These are computer-fillable PDF forms. Download the form and save it to your computer, then complete it, sign it, and save the file for uploading.)
- Email the completed Application, Forms, and all related materials to email@example.com or visit the 1st Floor Permit Center at City Hall.
Only complete application submittals will be accepted for processing.
NOTE: Any resubmittals for active applications should be sent directly to the assigned Project Manager.
Applications & Checklist
- Planning Application & Checklist (PDF)
- SB330 Preliminary Application (PDF)
- SB35 Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Temporary Promotional Sign Application (PDF):
- Tree Removal Permit (PDF):
- Fence Approval Form (PDF): Use this to obtain permission from your neighbor to build an 8-foot tall fence where a 6-foot tall fence is allowed by code
Please note that you need to apply for a building permit with the Building Department after you receive this planning permit. Please also note that no changes to the exterior elevations should be made once your planning permit is approved without first consulting the Planning Department.
FEES & METHODS OF PAYMENT
See the Planning Fee Schedule for the total fees due. After intake of your application, staff will provide you with an invoice. Fees must be paid in full in order for staff to begin the review of your application. Here are the different methods of payment:
Additional Forms and Materials
- Environmental Information Form (PDF)
This document must be completed for all applications to assist the Planning Commission or City Council in determining if the project is subject to the California Environmental Quality Act.
- "C.3" Fact Sheet - Stormwater Controls for New Development (PDF)
This document contains facts about regulations for Stormwater Control and tips on implementing a control plan cost-effectively.
- Provision C.3 Data Form (PDF)
This document must be completed for any projects that are replacing or adding impervious surfaces.
- Sewer Needs Questionnaire (PDF)
This document must be completed for all applications to determine the water and sewer needs of the development.