- 7 p.m
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
- City Hall Council Chambers
455 E Calaveras Boulevard
Milpitas, CA 95035
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Commission shall have all powers and duties imposed upon a planning commission and zoning agency by the Planning and Zoning Law of the State, subject to the provisions of the City Municipal Code, and shall act as the advisory agency pursuant to the Subdivision Map Act of the State. In addition, the Planning Commission shall consider the overall architectural development, including color and material of exteriors, of all commercial and industrial districts and all developments in residential districts for which a use permit or architectural review permit is required. The Commission also plays a role in the administration of the City Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance.
The Commission reviews and acts upon the following:
- General Plan and General Plan amendments;
- Neighborhood and specific area plans;
- Environmental impact reports and negative declarations;
- Tentative subdivision maps;
- Planned Development permit applications for developments;
- Subdivision Ordinance exceptions;
- Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance amendments
- Special studies and reports
- Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest (PDF) is required to be filed by all members to reveal any conflict of interest.
- Members serve with a stipend of $25 per meeting and cannot hold any other public office or position in the City while serving as members of the Commission.
- Consists of seven members (Milpitas citizens and registered voters) appointed by the City Council to staggered terms of three years each.