Measure F Oversight Committee
- 5:30 p.m.
- Quarterly meetings held the third Thursday of March, June, September, and December
- City Hall Committee Conference Room
455 E Calaveras Boulevard
Milpitas, CA 95035
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
On October 6, 2020, consistent with Measure F, the City Council adopted a Resolution (PDF) to establish the Measure F Oversight Committee (Committee) subject to voter approval of the measure. The Committee members of the seven-member advisory body with two alternate members may serve on the Committee for up to a maximum of three three-year terms. On June 15, 2021, the Council approved an Amendment (PDF) to adjust regular quarterly meeting dates.
The Committee is scheduled to meet four times per year to advise the Council on the following items and receive certain presentations:
- March: As part of the development of the budget, review the projected revenues and recommended expenditures for the funds generated by Measure F.
- June: Towards the end of the Fiscal Year review status of programs and services, funded wholly or partially with proceeds from Measure F.
- September: Receive presentation from the City' s independent financial auditor.
- December: Receive presentation from the City' s sales and use tax consultant.
*There is no City Council Liaison assigned to the committee. Any four members, including alternates, shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
- Seven-member advisory body with two alternate members may serve on the Committee for up to a maximum of three three-year terms.
- Members of the Committee are required to be residents of our City and it is preferred they possess areas of expertise and/or are advocates for (1) Business and/or residential community; (2) Municipal or governmental services operations; and/or (3) Municipal finance, taxation, budgeting, and/or accounting.
Neal Osborn, Chair
Daniel Sullivan, Vice Chair
Ranjith Kumar, Alternate No. 1
Vacant, Alternate No. 2
Measure F - "City of Milpitas Public Services Measure"
On November 3rd, 2020 more than 60% of voters of Milpitas, who cast a ballot, approved Measure F, a 1/4 Cent local Sales Tax Measure with an 8-year sunset provision. On December 10, the City Council certified the election results of the "City of Milpitas Public Services Measure." You can view the Measure F Certification of Election Results (PDF) here.
City of Milpitas Public Services Measure: To provide funding to maintain the City's finances and services, including: police and fire protection, 911 emergency response, and natural disaster preparation; youth, senior, and recreation services; repairing park equipment and maintaining parks and recreation centers; and attracting and retaining local businesses; shall the measure, establishing a 1/4¢ sales tax, providing approximately $6,500,000 annually for 8 years, requiring independent audits, citizens' oversight committee, all funds spent locally, be adopted.
Measure F 1/4 cent sales tax full measure - Municipal Code XI-4-1.01.