Milpitas HOPE Suicide Prevention Task Force
If you are feeling suicidal, please call or text 988 to reach the Santa Clara County Crisis and Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 24/7. Talk to a trained volunteer counselor. Services are free and confidential. Available in over 200 languages.
To reach Santa Clara County Suicide Prevention when calling from an area code other than 408, 650 or 669, dial 800-704-0900.
Let’s get everyone the help they need! Milpitas works together as a community to prevent suicides. Our goal is to raise awareness, provide education and resources, and offer hope and support to those who have contemplated or attempted suicide and to survivors whose lives have been forever changed by suicide.
In 2018, the City of Milpitas adopted its Suicide Prevention Policy and convened a community task force that includes healthcare professionals, educators, faith and community leaders, Milpitas Police Department, Milpitas Recreation and Community Services, and residents. We partner closely with Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services, which coordinates regional suicide prevention efforts. We welcome organizations, businesses, and individuals to join us.
Resources & Support
- Social Services
- Substance Abuse
- Teens & Transitional Age Youth
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Hotline, 24/7 - Call or text 988 from area code 408, 650 or 669.
- Call Center for Mental Health Services
Phone: 800-704-0900 for Santa Clara County Crisis and Suicide Prevention (988 services) when dialing from outside 408, 650 or 669 area codes.
- Mental Health Urgent Care
- Crisis Text Line
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - NAMI has resources including a great guide on Navigating a Mental Health Crisis (PDF), what information to provide and what to expect when you call 911 for a mental health crisis (PDF), and when someone is placed on 5150 hold (PDF).
- TrevorLifeline, 24/7 LGBTQ Teen Crisis Hotline
- TrevorText, 24/7 LGBTQ Teen Crisis Text Line
Text START to 678678
- Uplift Family Services Crisis Services - Crisis services, including residential care, for youth
Uplift Family Services Crisis Services Website
- Veterans Crisis Line
Veterans Crisis Line Website
- Seniors Friendship Line - Institute on Aging’s 24-hour toll-free accredited crisis line for people ages 60 and up and adults living with disabilities
Seniors Friendship Line Website
- Bill Wilson Center - 24/7 Teen Line - Services for homeless and runaway teens
Bill Wilson Center Website
- Uplift Family Services - Behavioral and health services for youth and families, including crisis care, foster care and adoption
Uplift Family Services Website
- REACH (Raising Early Awareness and Creating Hope) - Culturally competent and evidence-informed treatment for underserved youth and their families
- Trevor Project - Emergency and support service for LGBTQ teens and their allies
Trevor Project Website