The Barbara Lee Senior Center is here to help you with resources. We have many services available, including legal assistance, medical insurance counseling, nutrition and more.
Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- First and third Tuesdays (English and Vietnamese) 10 am to noon
- Every third Monday (English and Mandarin) 10 am to noon
- By appointment only for 40-hour counseling sessions
- About: The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) of Sourcewise is not affiliated with any insurance company and offers unbiased information with individual counseling to help you make informed decisions about Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage.
AARP Tax Aide
- About: This year, the AARP Foundation Tax Aides can be contacted directly to help you to complete and electronically file your taxes. This free service is provided by trained volunteers through AARP Foundation Tax Aides and gives special attention to those ages 50+. To find a location where this service is provided, please email the AARP or call 888-227-7669.
Senior Adults Legal Assistance (SALA)
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- 30-minute appointments from 10 am to noon
- About: SALA is a non-profit elder law office whose mission is to support older persons in their efforts to live safely, independently, non-institutionalized, and with dignity. Established in 1973, SALA provides free legal services and community education to Santa Clara County residents who are age 60 or older. There is no income eligibility qualification to use SALA's services. SALA's attorney staff provides a range of legal services from simple advice/referrals to comprehensive legal representation. SALA's caseload consists of legal matters that private attorneys typically do not handle and that have a great impact on elders most in need in our community. For more information and to schedule a 30-minute appointment, contact the Senior Center Front Desk at 408-586-3400.
Milpitas Assistance Program
- About: You or someone you know may be eligible for discounts on recreation programs, water or sewer utility bills, and residential building permits for replacement water heater, furnace, air conditioner units, or electrical panels. Milpitas residents who participate in qualified Federal, State, or County programs, such as Medicaid or Medi-Cal, SSI or food stamps are eligible and households at or below the California Housing and Community Development income levels for this area qualify. Milpitas residents experiencing temporary financial hardship due to job loss, loss of the primary wage earner, or serious illness may also be eligible. Those enrolled in the Milpitas Assistance Program also receive updates on other resources valuable to low-income residents. For more information, contact Social Services Coordinator Saul Gonzalez at 408-586-3405, or see the Milpitas Assistance Program page.
- Health Insurance Counseling (HICAP) - Call 408-586-3400 for an appointment
- Legal Services (SALA) - 2nd Wednesday, 10 am to noon - call 408-586-3400 for an appointment
- PG&E Payment Assistance Programs