The Milpitas Police Department is committed to the protection of lives and property by working with our community, and providing professional and responsive police services.
- The Milpitas Police Department values employees with high work ethics, integrity and professionalism.
- The Milpitas Police Department employees are to be of the highest moral character, above reproach, industrious and professional in their dealings with the public.
- The Milpitas Police Department values its reputation as an agency which safeguards public trust by rendering efficient and impartial police services.
- The Milpitas Police Department values the support and trust of the community.
- The Milpitas Police Department is dedicated to working with the citizens of Milpitas in order to make neighborhoods a better place to live and work.
- The Milpitas Police Department values and seeks community participation to strengthen our ability to address community problems.
- The Milpitas Police Department values organizational teamwork and encourages employee creativity and innovation.
Assembly Bill 481 requires law enforcement agencies, including the Milpitas Police Department, “to obtain approval of the applicable governing body, by adoption of a military equipment use policy, as specified, by ordinance at a regular meeting held pursuant to specified open meeting laws, prior to taking certain actions relating to the funding, acquisition, or use of military equipment, as defined.”
Read through the Police Department Policy Manual to review the department structure, general operations, and more.
Explore the history of the Milpitas Police Department over the years.