The helpful links to other Internet resources are not endorsed by the City of Milpitas or the City Attorney’s Office. These links are intended to assist individuals in locating resources for their own legal advice needs.
The City Attorney’s Office does not provide legal assistance to individual members of the public.
- The Cal Bar Lawyer Referral Services Directory for individuals desiring to locate a private attorney.
- The California Courts Forms Website provides free access to official Judicial Council approved forms for use in California Superior Court, many of which are fillable on line.
- The California Courts Self-Help Center Website has a comprehensive list of links to various organizations on multiple topics, including:
- Free and low-cost legal help
- Small claims court matters
- Senior citizen issues
- Victim assistance information
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Families and children issues
- Protection from abuse information
- Temporary Restraining Orders
- And much more.
- County Court Self-Service Center has information and forms for people who are representing themselves in Santa Clara County Superior Court.
- Free and Low Cost Legal Help has information regarding free and low cost legal help (also at Santa Clara County Superior Court).
- Legal Aid Society is a local non-profit organization that provides free, civil legal services for low-income persons unable to obtain access to the judicial system through other avenues.
- Pro Bono Project (Website) is a non-profit organization in Santa Clara County that provides legal representation to low-income citizens in family law and other civil cases.
- Project Sentinel (Website) is a non-profit organization that provides fair housing services, tenant-landlord counseling, homeownership assistance, and dispute resolution services for housing-related disputes.
- Public Directory of Attorneys for individuals looking for a particular private attorney.
- Superior Court Records/Information has information regarding Santa Clara County Superior Court and cases filed in this Court.
- United States District Court (Website) is the federal court serving the Bay Area. Its website contains information about the federal court and its cases.
Government Agencies & Offices
- Adult Protective Services (Website) – Santa Clara County’s Aging and Adult Services Agency (part of the Department of Social Services) provides services and assistance for seniors, dependent adults, and the disabled. Their services include Adult Protective Services which responds to and investigates incidents of elder and dependent adult abuse.
- Alcohol and Drug Services (Website) – Santa Clara County’s Department of Alcohol and Drug Services offers substance abuse assessment, prevention, education, and treatment services to the community.
- Animal Services (Website) – The City of Milpitas contracts with the City of San Jose Animal Care & Services for animal-related services, including pick up of stray or injured dogs, cats and dead animals; dog and cat licensing, low cost spay and neuter services, and shelter services for stray animals; response to emergency calls involving animals and investigation of complaints of animal bites/attacks on humans.
- Child Protective Services – Santa Clara County’s Department of Family and Children Services provides services on behalf of children alleged to be victims of child abuse, neglect, or exploitation. The Department operates the Children’s Shelter, four Family Resource Centers, licenses family foster homes and provides adoption services.
- District Attorney (Website) – The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office contributes to public safety through the prosecution of criminal offenders, and through collaborative efforts towards crime prevention.