South Main Street Water Shut Down – September 5, 2018
A planned water system shut-down will occur on Wednesday, September 5th from 10 pm until 6 am Thursday, September 6th. The water main near 260 South Main Street will be shut down to allow a contractor to cut-in a new connection at 260 South Main associated with a new development.
- The water shut down will be from the intersection of South Main at Serra Way to the intersection of South Main St at Sinnott Lane.
- The shut-down will affect a total of four fire hydrants within this reach.
- Fire watch will be scheduled for the Genesis United Methodist Church at 220 S Main St., as they have a fire system which will be affected by the shutdown.
- All businesses and residents within the affected reach were notified of the proposed shutdown earlier this week.
- The majority of construction (saw-cutting the asphalt, digging and exposing the water main) has already taken place during the day and so only the cutting of the existing main and installation of the new connection will be done at night.
- City Public Works Utility staff will be on-site to operate the water valves, and the Senior Public Works inspector will be on site to observe the construction activities.
- Any questions related to this work, please contact the Senior Public Works Inspector, Casey Crary at (408) 649-0514.