The Milpitas Volunteer Program welcomes volunteers of all ages to share their time and talents with the community. Volunteers assist with City events, community service programs, park cleanups and emergency readiness activities. Others serve on commissions and task forces or work on special projects related to their interests. The City and its residents benefit greatly from our volunteers’ service, which allows the City to provide enhanced customer service without increasing costs. Volunteers benefit, too. They have fun, meet friends and neighbors, gain skills and earn service credits or work experience.
The City maintains a database of hundreds of volunteers ready and willing to serve the community. We email monthly with a list of upcoming project and opportunities in the community. Volunteers choose which opportunities to respond to, based on their interests and availability. Volunteers under age 14 require parent or adult guardian supervision. Volunteers ages 18+ must have a Livescan fingerprint background clearance on file for certain volunteer activities. To request a Livescan appointment, call (408) 586-3090.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our regular in-person volunteer opportunities are temporarily on hold, but watch for new virtual volunteer opportunities and special projects each month!
For more information, contact Marketing Coordinator Ruby General, (408) 586-3206.
None at this time.
Adult volunteers who have expertise in a particular subject matter and can commit to regular meeting attendance are encouraged to apply to serve on a City Commission. Currently, the following commissions have openings for members or alternates:
- Arts Commission
- Economic Development and Trade Commission
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability Commission
- Library and Education Advisory Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Commission
- Science, Technology and Innovation Commission
- Senior Advisory Commission
- Veterans Commission
For more information visit: https://www.milpitas.gov/our-government/commission/
- Gallery Assistant.
Assist artists in hanging their work in the Phantom Art Gallery locations. Previous Gallery experience preferred, but some training can be provided. Contact Tegan McLane, email@example.com.
- Art Activity Assistants.
Assist with a variety of art activities at community events. Contact Tegan McLane, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Nutrition Program volunteers are needed to help serve lunch Monday-Friday, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Barbara Lee Senior Center. The Senior Nutrition program has been serving over 100 meals every day, and the numbers continue to increase every week. This volunteer assignment requires training therefore it will work best for volunteers able to commit to a long-term assignment, rather than a one-timse service. Volunteers must commit to a minimum of two days per week. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has worked in food service or wants to gain skills to pursue career in food service. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Volunteer Translators are still needed to help translate and proofread documents. We have an immediate need for volunteers that can read and write Vietnamese. The other languages needed are Chinese and Spanish. This can be done through email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
None at this time.