- COVID-19: Resources for Parents and Teens
- Teens and COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities During the Outbreak
- The Trevor Project – National organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Seize the Awkward – Offers a comprehensive catalog of resources for teens and young adults to talk to each other about mental health.
Back-to-School Ideas for Teens
Activities Led by Your Favorite Milpitas Rec Instructors
- Cici’s Sweet Treats’ Chef Jennifer teaches you fun recipes for one: Whipped Coffee. She also demonstrates these cool arts and crafts you can try: Lava Lamp.
Other Activities for Teens
Participate in Santa Clara County Library District’s Summer Reading Program. This year’s theme, Dig Deeper: Read, Investigate, Discover, encourages readers of all ages to dig below the surface and discover everything from the science of everyday things. Programs for adults and teens include: Online Plant-Based Cooking Demonstration, Dungeons and Dragons, Virtual Adult Trivia, Edible Terrariums, and more!
- Do good from home. Global Youth Service Day has turned into youth service months! Now through June 19, check out great ideas to help your community while you shelter-in-place or come up with own ideas. For every good deed you post on social media with #dogoodfromhome, the toy company will donate a toy or game to organizations caring for the children of doctors, nurses and other essential worker parents keeping our community safe during the Coronvirus shelter in place. Tag #MilpitasVCC and #MilpitasStrong to share here at home.
- Sing online karaoke. Choose from pop, rap and hip hop, musical theatre, and more.
- Play with your dog. Try a new backyard game.
Videos by Local Teens
- Check out Azen Seagull’s great Youtube arts and crafts videos! Run by a group of Milpitas teens, this site posts new videos every Monday. If you’re an artist who would like to share a video, they also welcome volunteer artists to join the group!
- Meghana’s Introduction to High School Robotics