All of Milpitas is invited to share the fun of this traditional Mexican celebration of life. Enjoy traditional Día de Los Muertos activities and honor the lives of deceased loved ones at our Community Altar de Ofrenda Showcase. Members of the public are invited to case votes for their favorite altars and prizes will be awarded to the people’s choice favorites.
- Community Altar de Ofrenda Showcase
- Music by Mariachi Mexico
- Cultural dances performances by Bay Area Aztec Dancers
- Make and Take Craft activities – decorate sugar skull cookies, make paper marigolds, paint sugar skulls
- Community Art Project – papel picado paper banner in the park
- Face painting
This event is funded in part by the American Rescue Plan Act.
For additional details and information please contact Special Events Coordinator Danny Clark at DClark@milpitas.gov
Altar de Ofrenda Showcase Guidelines:
- Altar spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve a space to publicly honor your loved ones using this link: https://forms.milpitas.gov/forms/view.php?id=156056
- Altar set up is 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Altars must be removed immediately following the event, by 8 p.m.
- For safety reasons, no flame candles are permitted. Battery powered candles are allowed.
- Because this is a family event, no tobacco, alcohol, or drug depictions are allowed.
- Electricity is not available.
- The City of Milpitas is not responsible for items displayed on Altars.