The City of Milpitas offers a wide variety of programs and resources to assist all residents through life’s most difficult times. City Council recently allocated a portion of the City’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to help members of our community still struggling to recover from financial and emotional challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Milpitas Assistance Program benefits now include:
- Childcare care subsidies for very low-, low- and median-income families, up to $500/month per family ($300/month for first child, $100/month additional children). Families enroll in MAP to qualify for subsidy payments to be made directly to their licensed childcare provider enrolled in the program. For more information, contact Charu Aggarwal, firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 586-3406.
- Increased water and sewer discounts for very low-, low- and median-income water customers. Enroll in MAP to receive automatic discounts.
Also new are these services provided by community partners that have received ARPA grant funding from the City of Milpitas:
- Free Mental Wellness Support Groups for adults 18+, coordinated through our partner, Leaders of Tomorrow, (669) 200-3027, email@example.com
- Safe, Confidential, Culturally Responsive Domestic Violence Counseling, coordinated through our partner, Maitri, Helpline at (888) 862-4874
- LGBTQ+ Resources, Referrals and Social Connections, coordinated through our partner Avenidas, (650)-289-5417, firstname.lastname@example.org
These programs and resources complement the City’s already robust social services offerings, which include the Milpitas Assistance Program, Milpitas HOPE suicide prevention, Emergency Motel Stays, case management services and workshops and classes on health and wellness topics, financial literacy and other resources.