Milpitas Recreation and Community Services provides LYFE afterschool programming at Milpitas Unified Junior High Schools: Rancho Milpitas Junior High School and Thomas Russell Junior High School. Our friendly recreation leaders supervise homework; elective; and free time for sports, games, internet use and hanging out with friends. LYFE runs in tandem with the Milpitas Unified School District instructional schedule.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Vince Collantes, (408) 586-3231.
The LYFE program fees are calculated at $9 per day. Families have the option of paying on a monthly payment plan or paying for the program in full at the time of registration.
All families registered in the LYFE monthly payment plan will be required to have a valid credit card on file. Families will have the choice to pay in-person three days prior to the payment due date, or have ActiveNet automatically charge the credit card on file at midnight on the day payment is due. In-person transaction fees will be $5 per transaction. Your initial payment due at registration will be charged a transaction fee at approximately 5%.
All payments must be received, in-full, on or before the deadlines listed below. Should a payment not be received by the deadlines listed below, your spot will be forfeited to the next person on the waiting list for the entire school year. There will be no grace period for late payments! Please make sure all credit cards on file are valid and current.
Starting in the 2023-24 school year, After the Bell and LYFE payments will be moving to automatic billing for any family electing for a payment plan. Upon signing up for the program, you will be required to provide your credit card information for automatic billing. No student will be allowed to participate in the program without payment.
Payments will be processed at midnight on the date due (see payment schedule). The payment will be charged to the credit card on file, unless a payment has been made in person or another credit card has been provided for payment. Any in-person payments or changes to the credit card to be charged must be made at least three (3) business days before the payment date.
Automatic Billing and Payment Guidelines
- All participants must provide a valid credit card at the time of enrollment and have a valid credit card on file throughout the school year.
- If the credit you supplied for payment is lost, stolen or expires, it is your responsibility to notify Milpitas Recreation and Community Services and provide an alternate credit card to be used for subsequent payments.
- To avoid automatic billing to the card on file, you must make payment three (3) business days prior to the payment date, either by providing an alternate credit card for automatic billing or paying in person using cash, check or a different credit card.
- If the credit card provided for automatic billing is declined, you must make payment by the next business day or your child will be dropped from the program.
- Your balance may be paid in full at any time.
- All late pick up fees will be automatically charged the day after the late pickup. Should you feel this was an error, a dispute form can be provided.
Milpitas Assistance Program (MAP) customers may use their discount toward this program. For more information on MAP and how to qualify, please visit: www.ci.milpitas. ca.gov/milpitas-assistance-program or contact the Social Services Coordinator Saúl González at (408) 586-3405.
Online registration begins at 8:00 p.m. on April 17, 2023. See Registration Schedule for specific school site registration dates.
|$1,620||Full payment when registering|
|$144||April 17, 2023 (Aug)|
|$180||August 23, 2023 (Sept)|
|$189||September 20, 2023 (Oct)|
|$135||October 25, 2023 (Nov)|
|$126||November 22, 2023 (Dec)|
|$153||December 20, 2023 (Jan)|
|$135||January 24, 2024 (Feb)|
|$189||February 21, 2024 (Mar)|
|$144||March 20, 2024 (Apr)|
|$225||April 24, 2024 (May/June)|
- Program hours are Monday-Friday, from school dismissal until 5:00 or 5:30 pm (pending school release time) on school days (see Holiday dates for non-program days). During minimum days, the program will begin when school is dismissed until 5:00 or 5:30 p.m.
- Only those listed on the Registration Form will be authorized to pick up students from the program. Please make sure to update the form as needed.
- For those participants registered through the payment schedule: payments must be received on or before the deadlines to continue in the program. Late payments are not accepted.
- If a child does not attend school due to illness, they will not be permitted to attend the LYFE program. Our children’s health and safety is our first priority!
- A $10 late fee will be charged starting at 5:01 or 5:31 p.m. , with an additional $10 for every 10 minutes thereafter. Should the participant not be picked up within a half hour of the end of the program, the Milpitas Police Department will be contacted. Late fees must be paid within three (3) business days, of receiving the late fee notice; otherwise your child will not be allowed to return to the class/program.
2023/2024 School Year
September 4: Labor Day
October 9: Indigenous Peoples Day
November 1: Teacher In-Service Day
November 10: Veterans Day
November 20-24: Thanksgiving Break
December 20-December 29: Winter Break
January 1: New Year’s Day
January 2-5: Mandated Shutdown
January 15: MLK Day
February 9: Lunar New Year
February 19-23: Ski Week
April 1: Cesar Chavez Day
April 15-19: Spring Break
May 27: Memorial Day