More pickleball in Milpitas! The City of Milpitas is conducting a one-year pilot program that will assess the increasing demand for pickleball courts in the City. Under the pilot program, the City is striping pickleball courts at Gill Memorial Park and Hall Memorial Park and will provide pickleball nets, which will be set up and put away daily by volunteers. Pickleball court lines will be overlaid on existing Tennis courts and Handball courts for new multi-use sport court opportunities. See below site updates and opportunities to play this fun sport in Milpitas!
Hall Memorial Park Tennis Courts – Starting August 2
- Creation of dual-use courts for pickleball and tennis on two of the existing four tennis courts.
- Six new pickleball courts to be striped on the two East-most tennis courts (#3 and #4). The West-most tennis courts (#1 and #2) are unchanged during the pilot program and remain exclusively available for tennis.
- During the pilot, court #4 will be exclusively used for pickleball (PB#5 and PB#6). Court #3 will be a shared use court providing additional pickleball courts (PB#1-PB#4) during pickleball priority hours. Tennis has priority on court #3 at any time not designated for pickleball.
- Pickleball Priority Hours:
- Weekdays, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday evening, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday mornings, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Portable pickleball nets will be provided during priority hours, to be set up and put away by volunteers.
Gill Memorial Park Handball Courts
- Improvements to existing two (2) Pickleball courts at the two (2) existing Handball courts.
- Re-striping and extending pickleball court area and installing fence at existing pickleball courts at the two (2) handball/practice wall.
- Pickleball has priority on these courts at all times.
- Nets will be provided daily 9 a.m. – dusk, set up by volunteers.
- Estimated “ready for play” September 8.