The Milpitas Recreation and Community Services Department is a proud partner of the Santa Clara County Senior Nutrition Program. We offer a casual dine-in lunch service where you can interact with others daily. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance by noon. Seating is offered in a limited capacity and on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please call (408) 586-3413.
The Senior Nutrition Program (SNP) offered through the Aging & Adult Services section of Santa Clara County provides high quality, cost-efficient, nutritious meals to seniors. The Senior Nutrition Program is open to all Monday through Friday from Noon to 1 p.m. Please make reservations by calling (408) 586-3413. For detailed information see the SNP FAQs and Guide.
- Call (408) 586-3413 to make or cancel your reservation. Reservations are required to guarantee a lunch. If you are unable to come for lunch and fail to cancel your reservation, your remaining reservations will be canceled until we hear from you.
- Reservations must be made by Noon (12 p.m.), one day before you plan to attend (order by Noon on Friday for a Monday lunch).
- The suggested contribution is $3 per meal for seniors 60 years and older. Guests under 60 must pay
$9 per meal.
- Taking meals from the lunchroom is done at your own risk and should be eaten or refrigerated within 30 minutes of leaving. Reheat in a 350 degree oven until bubbly for five minutes. Discard any food left after three days.
- Dine-In Service:
Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Doors open for registration at 10:30 a.m. Participants must have a reserved lunch for the day and should check in between 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. Participants must be seated by 11:50 a.m. for the meal to be delivered to their seats at noon.
- Who is eligible to receive a Gold Scan Card? Any senior (60+) can make a reservation. We ask that you complete a Santa Clara County registration form for all participants over the age of 60 to receive a Gold Scan Card.
- Is there a cost, and where does my donation go to? There is a suggested contribution of $3 per meal for seniors aged 60+. However, no eligible senior is ever denied because of a failure or inability to contribute. There is a required $9 fee for guests under the age of 60. You can place your contribution (cash or check payable to the City of Milpitas) in the cash box when checking in. Your donation goes back to the Senior Nutrition Program.
- Do I need to make reservations for lunch? Yes. Call (408) 586-3413 to make your reservation by noon the day before. For Monday reservations, you must call by noon on the Friday before. Leave your name, phone number, date for the meal, and meal choice. Any reservations that haven’t been checked in by
11:45 a.m. will be given to people on the waitlist.
- I’m on the waitlist. What happens next? When placed on the waitlist, meals that haven’t been claimed will be released to you on a first-come, first-served basis. Being placed on the waitlist does not guarantee you a meal.
- What is a Meal Punch Card, and how much does it cost? Meal Punch Cards may be purchased on-site. A Meal Punch Card is a pre-paid card you can purchase for $30 and receive a complimentary meal. You must present this card when checking in for your reserved meal.
- What do I bring when checking in for my meal? Please bring your Santa Clara County Gold Scan Card, cash for payment, or Meal Punch Card.
- Who provides the catered food? The meals are catered by Santa Clara County-approved caterers Bateman and MoonChef. A detailed menu for each day is available upon request and is posted on the bulletin board in the auditorium.
- Cancellations & No-Shows: If you are unable to attend, please call as soon as possible (at least the day before) to cancel. If you fail to cancel or no-show two times in a row, the rest of your meals will be canceled for the week.