Public Works is dedicated to providing water services to over 76,000 customers in Milpitas. Please explore the links for more information.
- All water meters in Milpitas are becoming smart! To better protect our system and our customers from water leaks, and to bill more accurately, Milpitas is replacing old water meters with smart water meters that can allow you to see a detailed view of your water use and help you save water. Learn more about the water meter upgrade project at milpitaswatermeter.org.
- Save water, time, and money! Manage and track your near real-time water use with the NEW WaterSmart customer portal! Register at milpitas.watersmart.com.
- Milpitas is in a Level 2 drought emergency. All Milpitas residents must follow a mandatory 3-day watering schedule. Learn more about the City’s water use restrictions and conservation tips at http://www.savewatermilpitas.org/.
- The City Council adopted the 2020 Urban Water Management Plan on June 15, 2021. Learn more here.
Water Technical Resources
- Urban Water Management Plan (2020)
- Water Shortage Contingency Plan (2020)
- Financial Utility Master Plan – 2003
- Storm Drain Master Plan – 2021
- Sewer Master Plan – 2021
- Water Master Plan – 2020
- Water Master Plan Appendix A-G – 2020
- Sewer System Management Plan – 2021
- Urban Water Management Plan – 2020