Street, Sidewalks, Signals & Lighting

Public Works maintains many features of the public right-of-way, including:
City Facility Parking Lots, Roadway Markings and Painting, Street Lights, Streets, Traffic Signals and Signs.
Public Works installs and maintains these on city-owned streets and parking lots.

If you would like to request speed bumps, curb painting, street signs, new street lights or other roadway enhancements, please contact the City Traffic Engineer, Steve Chan, at 408-586-3324 or, to request a traffic study. Public Works only installs these new items following the direction of the Traffic Engineer.

For issues along 680, 880, 237, or the freeway on/off ramps, please contact Caltrans District 4 office at (510) 286-4444 or submit an online service request.
For issues on Montague Expressway please contact Santa Clara County Roads and Airports at (408) 494-2750 or submit an online service request.