Public Utilities


Need Help with Public Utilities? If you are having problems with Gas and Electric Service, Water Service, Telephone Service, or Cable TV within the City of Milpitas, the following phone numbers and links may be of use:


Electric & Gas

Here is a list of phone numbers and links to homepages where you can find information on electric and gas power suppliers.

24-hour information on electric outages (800) 743-5002
24-hour emergency and customer service (800) 743-5000
For TTD/TTY — Speech/Hearing-Impaired (800) 652-4712
For Information in Spanish (800) 660-6789
For Information in Chinese (800) 893-9555
For Information in Vietnamese (800) 298-8438

Visit PG&E Website for more information.


General Information on Public Utilities

Utilities within the State of California are regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).

If you have a specific problem, the following link can give you information on filing a complaint with the CPUC – Consumer Services Division