This is an official City of Milpitas Social Media Page. The City’s Social Media Policy in full is available on the City’s main website. The City’s official website (www.milpitas.gov) is and shall remain the City’s primary means of online communication with the public and should be accessed for forms, documents, online services and other information necessary to conduct business with the City whenever possible.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Social Media Policy. It is understood that social media is a 24/7 medium, however, the City’s moderation capabilities are not. The City may not see every inappropriate comment right away and is trusting in the maturity of the community to ignore inappropriate or harmful speech until it can be reviewed and/or removed. The City disclaims any and all responsibility for any content posted by third parties that cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner. It is understood that posting is neither private nor confidential and the City makes no representations regarding the social media provider’s data privacy.
Any of the following types of content shall be subject to removal, and repeat offenders may be blocked:
- Comments not topically related to the particular post being commented upon;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures;
- Profane or obscene language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, or any other classes protected under federal, state or local law;
- Sexual content or language or links to sexual content;
- Disparaging, harassing or threatening content;
- Solicitations and/or promotions of commerce and/or businesses;
- Conduct and/or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party or that violates any federal, state or local law; or Identical posts by the same user or multiple users.