EVICTION MORATORIUM INFORMATION FOR LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
- For small business tenants who qualify for protection under the County’s ordinance, the County’s eviction moratorium has been extended through March 31, 2021. Small business tenants have up to 6 months after the moratorium expires or terminates to repay at least 50% of the past-due rent, and up to 12 months after the moratorium expires or terminates to repay in full the past-due rent. Civil fines and penalties, monetary damages and injunctive relief may be imposed on landlords who seek to retaliate or deny small business tenants of their rights and protections under the ordinance.
MILPITAS TEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING – No Longer Allowed Due To The Current Regional Stay At Home Order
- Starting June 4, 2020, the City of Milpitas will begin accepting applications from local restaurants to temporarily create or expand outdoor dining areas consistent with the current June 5 shelter-in-place Order. Links to the Guidelines and Application are available on the Planning Department website. No fee will be charged for registration, and same-day confirmation is expected for most applications.
- NOVA is committed to providing critical workforce development services to its customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. NOVA has created a special webpage during this pandemic with information about filing an unemployment insurance claim, job search assistance, resources on food, financial and mental health relief, list of
companies that are hiring, and volunteer opportunities, among other community programs and services.
SILICON VALLEY SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- The Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center provides expertise at no cost for small businesses related to access to capital, business trainings, marketing and promotions, and various other resources.
SILICON VALLEY CLEAN ENERGY (SVCE)
- SVCE is helping small, medium and large businesses switch from polluting natural gas to clean electricity through advancing and investing in electric vehicle infrastructure and building electrification.
- Remote work is being aided by several technology companies that are offering free or expanded services for small businesses.
MILPITAS BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
- If you have any questions or need business assistance during COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Economic Development team by sending a message anytime to BusinessAssistance@milpitas.gov.