The City of Milpitas is committed to assisting its residents with their housing needs, and the Building Safety and Housing Department works with its community partners to provide tools and assistance to ensure a vibrant Milpitas. View the Milpitas housing resources flyer (PDF).
Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
The City of Milpitas Rent and Mortgage Relief Program is now live! Eligible low-income households negatively impacted by COVID-19 can receive up to $5,000 in rent relief.
General Eligibility Criteria for Rent Relief
- Resident of Milpitas for at least six months
- Experienced economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020.
- Located within the boundaries of Milpitas, California
- Is at or below 120% area median income (AMI)
Detailed eligibility requirements, application, and the latest information can be found on the City of Milpitas Rent and Mortgage Relief Program website. Information about mortgage relief will be announced soon. This program is funded by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
The City of Milpitas has partnered with FORWARD to administer the City of Milpitas Rent and Mortgage Relief Program. For general questions, please email FORWARD or call 1-855-582-FWRD (3973).
COVID-19 Assistance Programs
Housing and Services
- Domestic Violence, Family, and Children Issues
- Drop-In Day Time Service Centers
- Homeless Outreach
- Housing For Families with Children
- Housing for Single Men and Women
- Veterans Services
Job Training, Legal, & Transportation Services
- Employment/Vocational Services
- Legal Referrals
- Youth Services
- Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) Services
Rent and Utility Assistance, Meals, & Medical Programs
- Food and Meals
- Medical, Mental Health, and Recovery Programs
- Rental and Other Assistance
- Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
- Utility Assistance
- HomeFirst: Emergency Shelter for Homeless
- LifeMoves: Emergency Shelter for Homeless
- Milpitas Food Pantry: Emergency Food and Supplies
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence: Emergency Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence and Supportive Services
- Project Sentinel: Fair Housing and Tenant-Landlord Disputes
- Rebuilding Together: Critical repairs and accessibility modifications for low-income homeowners
- Silicon Valley Independent Living Center: Housing Assistance for Disabled
- The Health Trust: Healthy Living - Eating, Aging and Living
- YWCA: Emergency Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence and Supportive Services