Who can claim a tax exemption?

Non- Transient: any person occupying space in a hotel shall be deemed to be a transient until the period of 30 consecutive days has expired unless there is a written and legally binding agreement between the operator and the occupant providing for a longer period of occupancy.

Domestic Government: any federal or State of California officer or employee on official business

Foreign Government: Any officer or employee of a foreign government who is exempt by reason or express provision of federal law.

If you are claiming any tax exemptions on your stay, please complete the Transient Occupancy Tax Exemption Form (PDF), and attach it to your remittance report

Show All Answers

1. What is "Occupancy Tax"?
2. What is the TOT rate?
3. Do I need to submit a monthly report even though Airbnb collects and remits TOT on my behalf?
4. What does 'taxable receipts' include?
5. What information do I need to provide for the monthly report?
6. When and how do I remit TOT and my monthly reports?
7. Can I remit the TOT payment in person, or can I mail it and pay via check?
8. I did not conduct any rentals during the reporting month. Do I still need to complete a monthly report?
9. What happens if I do not remit TOT or submit a monthly report by the specified deadline?
10. Who can claim a tax exemption?