About the Fire Department
The Milpitas Fire Department is responsible for fire suppression, emergency medical services, rescue services, hazardous and toxic materials emergency response, coordination of City-wide disaster response efforts, enforcement of fire and life safety codes, enforcement of State and Federal hazardous materials regulations, and investigation of fire cause, arson and other emergency events for cause and origin.
Dedicated to Providing Quality and Responsive Service for the Community
- Our purpose is to serve and protect the community of Milpitas. The preservation of life, property, and the environment within this community is the reason for our existence.
- We shall diligently work to maintain a high level of public trust and confidence.
- We are dedicated to providing courteous, competent, and responsive services.
- It is also our belief that we are judged by the public’s view of our attitudes, conduct, and standards.
- How do I obtain a copy of a Milpitas Fire Department Incident or Fire Report?
- My child’s school would like a visit by the City of Milpitas Fire Department to talk about what it entails to be a Fire Fighter and/or to visit a Fire Station. How can I arrange such a request?
- I live within the City of Milpitas and my home owner’s insurance wants to know my ISO Rating. What is it?
- Do you take back prescription drugs or sharps at your fire stations?
- Who do I contact for a leaky fire hydrant within the City of Milpitas?
- Why does a fire truck come when I only requested an ambulance?
- Where should I place my smoke detectors?
- Can the Milpitas Fire Department install or check my child’s safety seat for proper installation?
- Does the Milpitas Fire Department offer bicycle registration?